Do you want to find out how to keep fruits fresh longer? Do you want to know how to preserve fruits? Storing them effectively will let you enjoy fresh and juicy fruits even after weeks of purchasing. Preserve fruits and keep them fresh and crisp using the simple tips below.
How to preserve Bananas
- To keep a bunch of bananas fresh, firstly, you need to wrap their stems from a plastic wrap. Wrapping will prevent premature ripening of bananas.
- Moreover, you can also separate the bananas from the bunch and wrap them separately.
- If you are wondering how to keep sliced or cut bananas fresh, here is the way. Add a little bit of lime into the cut bananas to avoid unnecessary browning.
How to preserve Strawberries
- If you want to preserve them for a short time, place the strawberries on a tray lined with a paper towel and cover them with polythene paper. Avoid washing and removing the stem.
- Then refrigerate. You can wash strawberries and remove the stems before eating.
- You can use vinegar to preserve them for a long time. Firstly put half a cup of vinegar and two and a half cups of water into a container. Add the strawberries and rinse for a few minutes. This method will eliminate any bacteria that will spoil the strawberries.
How to preserve Apples
- The ideal way to preserve apples is to store them in a cool place like the crisper drawer of the refrigerator.
- Use a paper towel to cover the apples. Covering will help to maintain the correct moisture. However, you can also wrap the apples separately if it’s for long term use.
- If you want to keep sliced apples fresh, add some lime and mix. Adding lime will prevent browning of apples.
How to preserve Lemons
- To keep the lemons fresh longer, you can use water. Firstly, fill a bowl with water. Add your fresh fruits into it and refrigerate.
- Moreover, you can also put fresh lemons in an airtight plastic bag and refrigerate.
- Both of these methods help to maintain the correct moisture of the lemons.
- Cut lemons can be kept fresh for long by wrapping it in a proper plastic wrap. Put the wrapped pieces in an airtight container before refrigerating.
How to preserve Grapes
- The best way to keep grapes fresh for longer is by keeping in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator.
- Altogether avoid washing them before refrigerating. Washing will keep the grapes fresh for around 14 days.
How to preserve Kiwi
- Put the kiwis (unripe) in a plastic bag and refrigerate. Storing this way will help you to keep kiwis fresh for five-six weeks.
- Ripe kiwis can be kept in the refrigerator for one to two weeks.
How to preserve Cherries
- Put the cherries in an airtight bag and refrigerate. Avoid washing the cherries before eating.
- Freezing is also a perfect method to keep cherries fresh longer. Lay them on a baking sheet and put them in the deep freezer until frozen. Place the frozen cherries in a container or a plastic bag.
How to preserve Watermelon
- Sliced watermelon can be kept fresh for longer by wrapping the cut end with a plastic wrap. You need to refrigerate the pieces after cutting. Covering and refrigerating will help you to keep the watermelon fresh for about seven days.
- Keep uncut watermelon in the refrigerator for around two weeks.
How to preserve Pineapple
- Put the whole uncut pineapple in a perforated plastic bag and then refrigerate.
- Put sliced pineapple in an airtight container before refrigerating.
You can use the above methods to preserve fruits longer. It will help to maintain the nutritional value and taste of fruits.